The port of Rotterdam is the largest port and industrial complex in Europe with an average transfer of 435 million tons of goods. The total diameter of the port is about 45 kilometers. The port of Rotterdam provides employment for about 300,000 jobs.
Fact & Figures about the port of Rotterdam
- The port of Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe
- The port of Rotterdam is the number five of largest port in the world.
- Rotterdam is the second largest city of the Netherlands.
- Rotterdam is expanding the port. The have constructed Maasvlakte I and II.
- The city was founded in 1270 and has city rights since 1340.